After a three year hiatus, thaumatropia.net has returned. The look and focus of this site will reflect the changes that have happened in my career.
A quick review of what's happened since this site went dark:
- My academic career came to an abrupt halt. I had initially planned to return, but the thing about academe is that the longer you're away the harder it is to go back. While I won't say never, I can't see myself going back to school any time soon.
- Upheaval in my personal life meant my art practice had also atrophied. Unlike my academic work, I do intend on fixing this. I'm making small steps toward making art again and figuring out what my revived art practice would look like-- formally and conceptually.
- In the meantime I started a new career as a freelance writer. I write primarily about art, football, and popular culture. For the most part, the purpose of this site has been reoriented around my writing work.
- I hadn't disappeared from the internet entirely, but my web footprint has been diffused. A Twitter account here, a Tumblr there, an email newsletter throughout. Now that I'm making a hard push to do more freelance work, I needed a place to pull everything together. That's a big reason why this site has returned.
So, I'm back and open for business. I'm looking forward to making more work and sharing it with the world.
If you want to keep tabs on me, here's how:
- I'm fairly active on Twitter.
- And on Tumblr.
- I write a weekly newsletter called Words On Screens.
- If you want to hire me to write words for you, visit my contact page.
- And of course, if you want to throw a couple bucks in the tip jar, you can support me directly on Patreon.